Saturday, November 7, 2009

Working in a van Pt 1

Used to be cool.  I had a nice 3 car garage to work in.  My parts were scattered from hell to breakfast.  Frames and bikes were everywhere.  Didn't matter what I kept or what I threw away or sold or bought.  Everything was in a nice insulated, dry ass place.

Then I moved.  Upgraded houses, or so I thought.  Actually I had to move for family reasons - not because I wanted to.  So we found a nice house, in a not too bad place, with some extra land/property.  But no garage.  And it was quite a bit smaller.

In the course of moving we found out that we were WAY short of storage space.  So we bought a shipping container.  That is cool but it hasn't worked out yet because we haven't really properly planned how to utilize the space.  The bikes were left out and all the workshop gear was crammed into our wonder bread van. 


So ultimately the bikes got covered - duh - after some surface rust and most of the work takes place in the criveway with no work bench, grinder, vice, etc.  SO the quest now is to get the van going as a workshop.  It can be powered, does have lights, etc and some workspace.  Oh and 2 years of fucking clutter.  So the FC has to be moved somewhere (container?)  which FIRST has to be arranged to accept it.  Then comes the challenge of creating usable work space.

More to come, no doubt...

Rev Mike

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've been to spain, maine, brisbane and spokane. I've seen goat ropes and cluster fucks. I've heard a man talk over a wire and seen a lady walk on a wing.